Friday, September 16, 2011

Cooler Weather Cravings

I don't know about y'all, but I am having some major cravings for some yummy food!
I am choosing to blame this sudden need to take in some serious carbs on fall!  My miserably hot, humid summer, has suddently been taken away, and replaced with a nice, breezy fall.

I have been enjoying every second of it.  My walks have been longer. Front porch sitting has been nicer. Altogether, it has been wonderful...until today! 

Lately, my family, friends, and I have tried to be on a "health kick." It has so far been somewhat successful.  I have laid off the late night snacks, the sweet tea, and the sweet treats. But today, oh me...a whole new ballgame. I woke up this morning wanting chocolate chip pancakes so bad! Unfortunately, I have to wait until November to visit the amazingy Smoky Mountain Pancake House  to feast on those. If you've never had the experience of eating these..you are truly missing out on life. I pray God will serve them up in Heaven.  I kinda considered driving the six hours this morning to get some, but I didn't figure I could make it back to work and class in time. (Those two things are always an inconveinance)

Every since I satisfied (yeah right!) my pancake hunger with a bowl of cereal, I have been having the most random cravings. It's bad, I tell you! I have been having random cravings for the most random things. (It probably didn't help that I watched Julie and Julia this morning. Oops. 

  Almost everything I have raged my pantry for, unsuccessfully, has either been something served warm, or something that we usualy associate with cooler weather, which is why "fall" will be blamed for any extra pounds I gain this weekend.  Certain foods do come with the weather right? I hope I'm not the only one who is having these issues. This is such a pig post! Oh well.


via
I might be trying these this weekend too!

If you have any of these items please send them my way? :)

  • chocolate chip cookies
  • candy corn
  • potato soup
  • steak (I love me some meat)
  • cider
  • s'mores
  • sweet potato pie
  • pancakes
  • goofballs
  • ham roll

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree! Some foods are better in certain weather!! I can't wait for some hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *gasp* I need to add that to my list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know what you mean! as soon as the weather turns colder all i want to do is BAKE! the food kind, not the week kind. ; )

    ReplyDelete