Thursday, September 8, 2011

Be bold. Make a joyful noise.

Hi!
On my last post last week, I mentioned to you that I was taking a step back from a few things.
I have been trying to seek the Lord in many areas of my life; however, I feel like I am just getting past the basics.
You know when you plan to do some major house cleaning, and you have to get the first layer cleared out before you can get to the good stuff?
Move the magazines off the coffee table, clear the bills, etc.

That's kind of how I have felt trying to clear up my life. I feel like recently my priorities haven't been in the right order. I have been so busy with this and that, that I haven't even taken the time to just really sit, pray, and wait on the Lord.  Finally..I can do that!

In the next couple of weeks, I want to share with you the things the Lord is showing me.
Maybe you feel like you are in a rut too, and something I might say might inspire you to take a step back from your everyday life, and just really listen to God.

Lesson #1: Be bold. Don't worry about others.
The past couple of months, my mom has been after me to join the choir. Believe me when I say...I can not sing. Do I love it though? Absolutely. I especially love singing praises to my King.  Honestly, every since she (and her fellow choir members) have been asking me, I have kind of looked at it as just being funny, and something I would never do. Deep down inside I have been dying too though.

I was afraid.  Afraid of what others would say. It's not a secret that my voice isn't beautiful. Trust me. I was afraid of the jokes that would be made. The things that would be said about my voice.

Does God care? No. God knows I don't have the most beautiful  voice in the world. He created me.
He is the giver of this voice. To him, any praises I send up are beautiful.

God moved on my heart yesterday, and showed me that I needed to be bold, and make a move for Him.
Last night...I joined the choir :)

Are you in a rut? What bold step have you taken lately? Are you making a joyful noise for the Lord?

1 comment: