Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I'm thankful for...my sister! HAPPY 13TH :)

Hi all :)

I did not plan on posting this post until Sunday; however, my computer at home has crashed or something. I'm no computer whiz, but I know something is definitely wrong. I am also afraid if I schedule it, it won't post.  Sometimes that happens too.
I actually had planned on writing about my entire family for my next "thankful" post; however, I began thinking about it and decided it made perfect sense to dedicate an entire post to the beautiful, lovely, Gracie.  
I am SO thankful to call this sweet girl my sister. 

Sunday just so happens to be her birthday!! A very big birthday...she is going to be a teenager, and her big sister just can't quite believe it.  
It seems like just yesterday I was waiting patiently impatiently with my pink cigars, for her arrival.  

Yes, she is the little sister who loves to get all up in her big sisters business....and closet! But...what sister doesn't?! haha.  I can't believe she is a TEENAGER this weekend! Wow..time flies!


She's the best on the court :)


Clingman's Dome in the Great Smoky Mountains



Having a little picnic in Cades Cove



Beautiful!


Psalm 139:13-14

Dear Gracie (G.O.),

From the very first moment mom and dad told me about your coming, I was ecstatic.  I had always dreamed of having a little sister to play with with, and share things with.  Mom and dad knew I would be a little too excited, so they didn't even tell me mom was pregnant until she was several months along.  I admit, I was kind of upset at first..I thought they definitely should have told me way earlier, but it did make it not seem near as long before you were here!  On November 13, 1998, as we sat in the waiting room, I grew a little impatient and decided to take a stroll around the hospital with dad.  Oops...we almost missed your arrival.  :) I remember the first time I held you. Mom and dad repeatedly told me to be careful.  You were so fragile, and so, so sweet.  A precious gift from God.  The doctor and nurses in the hospital named you "Snow baby," because of your white hair.  I guess somethings never change. haha ;) 

As you have grown older, you have become such a beautiful young woman.  You make me laugh like no one else.  You sometimes say the silliest things, most of which make no sense!  I love movie nights with you, and wish we could have them more often.   It makes me so happy to see the joy that lives inside of you.  Never, never let anyone take that away. You are such a beautiful daughter of the most high King.  Always put Him first in your life.

This weekend, we celebrate the thirteen wonderful years we have had with you, and look forward to the many more. Always remember that I love you so, so much.  More than I could ever even begin to put into words.   I thank God everyday that He allowed me to be your big sister.  Out of all of the families in the world, He chose ours to give you to. I'm so grateful.  I love you to the skies and back, sis!

Love always,
Em

BE THE SUNSHINE!






2 comments:

  1. Happy happy birthday to her!! Y'all are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I definitely have to get her Scotty McCreery cake pictures up. My computer has crashed :(

    ReplyDelete