Monday, February 28, 2011

looknig forward to home & missing udh

With my time at Uncle Dick's Home nearing the end, I have been thinking a lot about things. I'm so anxious to get back to my friends, family, and normal life in America, but I'm also so torn and sad to leave my family here in the Philippines.

In my head (as well as via email to mom), I've been compiling a list of things I'm looking forward to about home.  Also, I'm constantly reminded of the things I'm greatly going to miss about my home here.

Here are just a few...

Things I look forward to about home:

  • family
  • hamburgers & pepperspeppers
  • steak & baked potatobaked potato
  • tab & misty (& obviously chocolate pizza)
  • salad
  • movie night with Grace
  • vacation
  • dancy party with "the crew"
  • webb & sophie
  • ray & candi
  • church family
  • text messages
  • ben
  • my cozy bed
  • warm shower
  • Daisy, Hank, Tigger
  • Ice cream
  • friends
  • pop corn, fruit gushers, & chocolate (not together, obviously)
  • movies
  • BB (black beauty) (my car)
  • Artichoke dip
  • onions
  • dollywood
  • tanning
  • getting rid of my rice baby
  • girls day out
  • pretty fingernails & toenails (only have about two toenails, and my hands look like i've been in a fight)
  • my closet
  • no bugs
  • mtn. dew & sweet tea
  • pretty purse, clothes, and shoes
  • comfy couch
  • running
  • a flushing toilet & toilet paper
  • phone upgrade
  • subway
  • cheesecake brownies & chocolate chip cookies
  • keith urban concert
  • american coffee
  • two hour church services (never thought ray would not be considered "long winded")
  • pretty hair & makeup
Things I will miss about UDH:
  • every child here
  • waking up to Jestoni's singing
  • chicken & rice
  • big brown eyes
  • my pink mosquito net
  • baby bob as my roomate
  • sunrises & sunsets over the mountain
  • bekah
  • the "view"
  • fruit juice
  • fruit, especially pineapple
  • constant hugs
  • being called "ate"
  • momma lyn, momma gwapa, ate red, jiji, nanay, tatay
  • craft time
  • worship
  • washing clothes (soap talk)
  • trike rides
  • bonfires
  • jeepney's
  • ilonggo
  • the river
  • rain on the tin roof
  • movie nights in the cr
  • ....pretty much everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment