Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Surprise Babies & Brown Outs 02.16.2011

Today I am extremely exhausted, and I am not quiet sure why. Well, other than the fact that I didn’t get my nap today! Haha. Instead Bekah and I went over to Nanay’s house and talked a while. We talked about past orphans, and the stories of the orphans living here now. She literally had us in tears. It’s just so incredible to hear their stories of what they came from, and then to now see the joy overflowing from their hearts.

She said that the thing they always say now is that if they ever see their families again they want to tell them about Jesus Christ! That’s so amazing to me. I want to share with you some of their stories, but not today! I am writing them down as I hear them, and hope to share them another time.

I know some of you are aware that we are supposed to be getting a new little baby here at Uncle Dick’s Home, but you weren’t aware of when. That’s because neither were we! Haha. Well…he got here yesterday! He is only two months old, and is adorable! Bekah and I got to hold him a few minutes ago for the very first time. I was the very first American told hold him, and it kinda made my heart smile. ha. We are sooo excited to get to be here for his arrival! His name is Juter! 
We don’t know his entire story yet, but hopefully soon! I will be sharing it with you J
We have had a brown out all day! It happened first thing this morning, and we just got power back about 30 minutes ago! Bekah and I have been wondering all day why in the world they are called “brown outs,” because whenever we have one it is certainly not brown. It’s black! Wouldn’t it make a whole lot more since to say “Black out?!” I think so. Because we had no electricity today, the water pump couldn’t work. So, not only have we been powerless, but also we have been waterless. Kinda stinks (literally) being in a third world country with lots of dirt and bugs, and no water to get clean. But we made it J

We have a pretty big surprise for the third year high school students this Saturday! Bekah and I are very very excited, and cannot wait for it to hurry up and get here! I expect this weekend to be a very fun

No comments:

Post a Comment