Friday, February 4, 2011

Looks like I just might get to go to prom afterall.... :)

Hello!

It’s Wednesday night here. Wednesday morning there.  The children were all back in school today, so me and Nanay (Mrs. Ray..Nanay means mom) planned out some events. She wanted to do somethings that we commonly do in America. We planned a Valentines thing, and an American day. I later remembered the Super Bowl being this weekend. Of course most everyone in America either watches or at least goes to some type of celebration for it soo…we are celebrating too! Haha. We might not get to watch the game but we decided we could watch a football movie instead. At home we sometimes make tshirts to support whoever we are going for, so we are making tshirts too! But…they are not going to be to support either of the two teams in the game. We just couldn’t do that. So we are making Bronco tshirts supporting Timmy! The kids are so excited about this!  Of course we are going to eat as much junk food as possible! The children are also very excited about that...especially KB! Nanay and the children loveee the idea! I think it will be fun! I have now mastered how to say “Where are your slippers?” “Where are you going?” “Where are your earrings?” “Who is your crush?," and "I love you!" And surprisingly I’m understanding them so much better even after a couple of days! Nanay says it’s because I have to, and I'm certain she is right about that! A lot of the younger kids do not speak English so I pretty much have to learn to communicate with them. KB is always wanting to play rock paper scissors with me. Except it’s definitely not called that! ! Tonight on the way back from dinner, I had three boys holding each hand. Six total. Not even sure how we managed that! I thought to myself…only in the Philippines! Haha. This morning I walked the elementary to school! Carlos asked if I could go instead of him. I told him no thanks! Haha. After lunch I walked with the high school to school. Of course that caused a big fuss with the rest of the students! Richard told me Friday he wants me to come introduce myself to the entire high school! Bahaha. We shall see how that goes. Some of them found out today that I might be going to their prom. We are all excited for that! The boys are constantly practicing their dancing! It’s so cute! I even got asked tonight to show them the waltz. Thanks Mom for encouraging me to learn that many years ago. It's come in handy.  They said they are so nervous because they’ve never done this!


I love this place more than words could ever explain. I already dread leaving.  Today I realized that I only had less than a month and it truly made me feel sad. So I have to make the best of every single second of every single day! My day today started out a bit frustrating, and for a second I had a little moment. Okay…maybe a big moment. But, then I realized that even though I might hit a few bumps in the road, this is where God wants me. Meanwhile I will not be anxious about anything, but in everything give thanksgiving to God!

Journal: Feb. 2, 2011
Random fact: Tonight at dinner I drank an entire pitcher of juice….and we are out of running water. OOPS!

No comments:

Post a Comment