Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Weight Loss Wednesdays: My Stuggles



Honestly, I have never been consistent on linking up with "Weight Loss Wednesdays" for a few simple reasons, but it all boils down to pride.

In high school, I was a tiny little thing. I played basketball, and ran cross country. I could run miles and miles without stopping, and I truly loved it. They say all cross country runners are crazy...I think it is probably true. I never had a problem with being active or gaining weight. It was easy for me.

The past few years have really been a huge adjustment for me. One I am not at all adjusted to. Since graduation I have spent many weeks in the Philippines, began new jobs, and studied many, many hours.

You would think that my going to the Philippines would not play a part in weight gain, but it has. In the Philippines, I tend to lose weight. Seems that fish and rice does not put on the pounds like chocolate and ice cream in the States does. It is the returning home that causes me to gain weight. I always come home craving the things I longed for while I was in a third world country and so far out of reach of them. I keep telling myself, "I'll start a diet tomorrow," and sadly, tomorrow never comes.

Working has been wonderful. The extra cash in my wallet has been a blessing, and I'm very grateful; however, between work, school, and church activities I hardly have time to work out. Those afternoon runs I could not live without when in high school, rarely happen anymore. I never have time to hit the gym or take up any classes. How have I gotten this caught up in other things that I have neglected myself?

I can't get past my high school years when things come so easy for me. How do I eat healthy, yet not deprive myself totally of the things I love? What are some healthy foods I can make that are quick and easy? How do I get back into my running routine? Seriously guys, if anyone has suggestions I would be grateful!


2 comments:

  1. It's hard to be a girl! I remember gaining weight right about that same age. Unfortunately our body changes as we get older. The weight comes easier and it's harder to lose. But you can do it.

    The key is to start slowly and do it in moderation. You can't change everything over night and stay that way. Life happens. Make small changes that you can live with. Then add to those changes. Over time it will start to feel more natural.

    Check out Hungry Girl. She has some great recipe and snack ideas. I also use Spark Recipes. And I attend Weight Watchers meetings. The meetings give me some accountability and the leader is very encouraging.

    You can do this! Remember Philippians 4:13. Blessings to you! And thanks for joining WLWed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I totally feel you on this struggle! I'm working on my goals for weight right now, as well. Good luck to you! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete