Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Coming June 2012:Baby McKay

Hey y'all! As promised a bazillion days ago, I have some super duper exciting news to share!

For several months now, I have been praying for my bestie, Tab, and her hubby, Jason, to have a baby! I know they would make incredible parents, and truthfully, I need another baby to spoil. :)



Meet Tab & Jason

She's the kind of bestie every girl needs!

A couple of weeks ago, our little group of friends decided we had not spent much time together in far too long, and needed to plan something.  We all seem to have crazy schedules and it's very rare we get something planned when we can all make it.  With the cooler weather coming in, it only seemed logical to plan a bonfire!

All week we looked forward to Friday night. I don't know how I didn't pick up on Tab's extra excitement because thinking back on it now, she was definitely more excited than the usual.  Keep in mind, we are the kind of friends that know EVERYTHING about each other, and I still don't know how she kept this secret.

Friday night came, and I wasn't feeling well at all. I'm talking in the bed, don't talk to me. I kept trying to get up and pull myself together because I really did not want to miss this night, but I just couldn't do it. Finally, I text Tab and told her I was sad I could not make it, but I just didn't see a way. I really wish she had screamed through the phone at me then to get myself over there, but she was a good friend and understood. It was just a couple of minutes later that I received this picture...


Baby McKay is ON THE WAY!
At this point, I stared at my phone until it really sank in what it said! I was in shock! And SO excited! I jumped out of the bed like jack in the box, ran down my stairs, jumped in my car (pjs, hair in a pathetic bun, no makeup=looking a MESS), and scooted over to Tab & Jason's. Suddenly, I felt a whole lot better. HaHa.

I really can't wait for the sweet baby girl (hehe) to get here. They are going to make awesome parents.  Babies are such a sweet reminder of how awesome our Savior is. Just knowing that He already has His hand on this baby, and already knows the plans He has for him/her amazes me. It's miraculous. My heart is overjoyed to call them my friends, and to be a part of such an amazing thing.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you..." -Jeremiah 1:5

Love you Jason & Tab :)

No comments:

Post a Comment