Thursday, February 23, 2012

I'm going home... to the Philippines :)

Second catch up session----

Hi friends!

It's Friday, and I could not be more thrilled. My two classes were canceled this morning, so I enjoyed sleeping in a bit. I'm spending time at work working on A & P II notecards, and of course doing my job of answering telephone calls :) Blah. I wanted to share a little more of what God has done in my life since my absence in the blog world. It might take forever to catch you up 100%.
As most of you know, I love the Philippines. I pretty much left my heart there five years ago, and haven't missed a year of going since. I will be returning this spring break for my sixth trip! It's so crazy to look back at how foreign the country was to me, and in just a few short years has become the love of my life. I am leading a group of beautiful ladies over to do a VBS at our orphanage, Rosemary's Home of Hope this spring break (March 12-19). See Philippine Stories to get the scoop on the home. I am very excited about this trip. I just know God is going to show up and show out. We will be doing a vacation Bible school not only with the six orphans, but also with the 300+ kids in the village. It's going to be a fun adventure!
Andy, Clyde, Juna Lynn, Jenny Lynn, Stephanie, and Unice

Note: Andy is no longer at RHH. Story for another day...

I can't wait to see their precious faces and get a great big hug! Aren't they precious? These were the stockings my sister and I made for them for Christmas.

Reading the cards we made them.






Christmas party at the beach


Baby Erna

Please be in prayer for this trip. We still have several thousand dollars to raise before we leave, which is just 18 short days away!

Well, as Tigger would say, "Ta ta for now!" TTFN :)

Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment