Thursday, February 23, 2012

I'm a BULLDOG!!!

As promised----an update!

For the past two years of my life, I feel like I have basically been in the thirteenth/fourteenth grade. I attend a community college that is closer to my house than my high school was. A big plus side to it has been getting to still be here with my family and friends; however, I am very ecstatic about this new chapter in my life!




woohoooo!
 

My four years of high school I just KNEW I would graduate, and begin studying fashion and marketing at an university. I graduated high school, and just knew that fashion wasn't going to work out but marketing definitely would. I went a semester with marketing as my goal, but then decided to take a break, and go spend a semester at an orphanage in the Philippines. Happened to be the BEST time of my life. So thankful for those weeks there. I came home and realized I had made my marketing career decision selfishly, and didn't seek the Lord. I began to pray and ask God to show me what HE wanted for my life, not what I wanted. I may or may not have let the fact that I was a bit smitten with a certain gentleman here at home (clearly hasn't worked out) influence my decision to go into Physical Therapy Assistant, a two year program at the community college near my home. It took me just a few weeks to realize God did not create me to be in the medical field. I'm so thankful some are called to that, but I'm not one of them. A few weeks into A & P, and I was ready to throw the towel in. For an entire semester, I really sought the Lord. I asked Him to make His plans clear to me. I didn't want to opt out of the medical field only because I wasn't motivated enough to do. Truth be told, in the beginning, I wanted it. I did. However, I knew it wasn't me. I felt like I would be a disappointment to my family if I changed my major AGAIN, so I decided I would tough it out, and put it in the Lord's hands whether or not I was accepted to the program.
All it took was Christmas break. During the break I sat down and made a list. Or two or three. I am slightly obsessed with post-its, planners, and lists. If my life was half as organized as those things, I would be doing great. Anyway, so I made some lists. A list for why I "should" be a PTA, and a list for why I "wanted" to be a PTA. They didn't match. Then, I went and researched tons of careers, and made a huge list of the ones I thought I would actually enjoy. I slowly but surely narrowed it down, and ended up with..................
SPECIAL EDUCATION!


I always said I never wanted to work in the school system, but what I quickly realized is that I LOVE kids. I love them so much. I desire for them to be taught well. Not just their curriculum, but taught morals and values. And if I desired that for our younger generations, then why didn't I do something about it?! So...I am :)

This fall 2012, I will be moving two hours away to the beautiful city of Starkville, and attend Mississippi State University. I have always wanted to be a Bulldog, and now I finally get to be. All because I trusted and obeyed! I'm excited for the journey. I'm excited to finally be in classes that I will enjoy, and be more motivated to do well in. I'm excited to meet new friends, and have more experiences. It's going to be a fun next couple of years, and I look forward to sharing with you the journey leading up to my move next fall, as well as the journey that I will so be taking as a marvelous Mississippi State Bulldog!




 
 

(sorry it's lengthy)

love love,
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment