Monday, February 27, 2012

Apartment...CHECK!

Happy Monday!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, and an even better Monday! Haha! If you're like me, an even better Monday would take a miracle. I usually just don't find too much joy in waking up at 6 am on Mondays to sit through classes, and learn ALLLL the body parts of a cat. Yuck! And that my friends, is partly why I changed my major. Just CANNOT handle it!

My weekend was pretty fabulous though. Friday afternoon was spent at home watching movies. I was literally in bed before nine. Some weekends when I don't have plans, I hate it. Other times, I go to bed very early, don't set an alarm, and thank my lucky stars for every second of it. I most definitely enjoyed every second of it. Saturday was a crazy day! The ladies of our house slept late, while my daddy left in the "wee" hours of the morning to go trapping. This is Mississippi, and that's a story for another day :) haha. He called us around noon and wanted to know if we wanted to go look at apartments in Stark. Well, duh..of course I did. I had kind of had my mind set on one thing for a few days in a row. Which was a huge step for me. For the past couple of months I've bounced back and forth between wanting a roommate to wanting a one bedroom. In the beginning I was totally set on living alone. Mostly because I didn't know of anyone needing a roommate. Randomly, I heard about a girl who I had had class with my freshman year at ICC who was needing a roommate. I contacted her, and figured out it was a four bedroom. Kelsie is a super sweet girl, and I really trust her judgement for friends and her other roommates, but a FOUR BEDROOM?! I just wasn't too sure I would like that...until last week. Suddenly, the thought of living alone didn't sound that great, but the thought of living with three amazingly fun, Christian girls sounded like a blast!

Saturday, we went down, and took a look around. I fell in love with the place, and within an hour signed a lease! I so wish I had taken a picture. It was a huge step! I was both relieved and a bit stressed. Relieved to have one more thing checked off my list (literally), but stressed because I knew I had to get to some serious work on filling out for scholarships and grants! I'm really excited to be a Bulldog :)

Here is the beautiful Pointe where I will be living next fall! I stole these pictures from their website, because of course I was too excited to take some on my own. I really have to get better at that.






It's all fully furnished, with my own bedroom and bathroom. Very, very spacious!




The outside of a few of the apartments @ The Pointe.

I went to bed smiling Saturday night, dreamed about my new life in Stark, and woke up to a beautiful Sunday! I always love Sundays! Rain or shine, it's always such a beautiful day to worship the Lord! After church several of us headed up to Florence to be with one of my best friends, Misty. Her granddaddy went to dance with Jesus last Thursday, and the memorial service was Sunday. Please keep their sweet family in your prayers.






Misty & Derek's little cutie, Webb, all dressed up for his great granddaddy's memorial service. I sure am going to miss him and Sophie next semester. Even though they are all stinky Ole Miss fans, they are going to have to visit me...A LOT!





Here's a recent picture of Sophie Claire. Isn't she a doll?!

Sunday night was Winter Jam in Tupelo. It was wonderful. Most of the bands were very enjoyable. Building 429, Newsong, Newsboys, Skillet, and others were there. Although they were good, they were also very loud. (Especially Skillet) Haha. Maybe I'm getting old. My most favorite though was Kari Jobe. She is an amazing worshiper of our God. Beautiful, beautiful music. Such a sweet lady. It was such an honor to worship with her, and meet her.






Gracie and I had a wonderful night together. It was so great to have some sister time!!

Well friends, chicken, rice, and broccoli and cheese is calling my name! Hopefully, I'll be sharing with you again soon! Meanwhile, have a blessed week!

Love always :)

No comments:

Post a Comment