Monday, March 7, 2011

Restless Sleep 2.18.2011

It is 2:30 a.m. on Friday, and I can’t sleep! Not sure what is going on. It all started whenever I climbed into my bed only to discover my sheets very damp. I thought if I kept my windows closed this problem would be solved, but I guess even that didn’t help. This humidity here is something else.

 This is one of the only nights since I have been here that it is actually quiet. Gemboy’s snoring is much quieter. The rooster must be sleeping. Karaoke isn’t going. I can hear the lizard only every now and then. Normally, there are several things that play a large factor in no sleep. However, tonight there is just no reason. I lay down, and immediately my mind wonders to a thousand things. Crazy things. I would just like to sleep.

Noon-- I finally went to sleep this morning…about five o’clock a.m. I woke up at 6:32, and realized that the breakfast bell had probably rang about two minutes prior. I hurriedly put contacts in, and threw my hair up. Bekah showed up just as I was about to walk out, and told me that she had banged on my door and window, and I obviously didn’t hear a thing. Needless to say, I was a little late for breakfast. I feel completely exhausted! I wonder if I am ever going to feel rested again! Since breakfast, I have cleaned my room, re-arranged my clothes, showered, and drank coffee. Now, I am catching up on blogging and emailing. Not sure what the rest of the day holds. This afternoon I will probably skip my nap. As much as I want to sleep I am going to stay awake and get some things done. Maybe I will be so tired tonight my body will have no other option but sleep. I want to read sometime today. We have devotion this afternoon at five, then dinner. I think we are having a film showing tonight. Jestoni said last night he was excited because “tomorrow is Friday, and that means film showing. Maybe two film showings. Then, the next tomorrow is Saturday!” Oh if he only knew what Saturday holds! Haha. Bekah and I are very excited for the weekend. I have two weekends left here so I have to make the absolute best of them!



my little pink castle which not only serves as a guard against mosquitos, lizards, rats, etc, but also is a great clothes dryer

this is how we play music around here

No comments:

Post a Comment