Monday, March 7, 2011

The end of my journey.

Tonight my heart is breaking. My journey at UDH has come to an end (for this trip at least). I have posted the last of blogs. I currently find myself in a pool of tears. Reading through my blogs tonight, watching videos, and looking at pictures has definitely got some serious emotions going on. It's been a week since I left those precious kids, and I miss them more and more each day. There isn't a single time that I look at a clock, and I don't add two hours and change the a.m to p.m. or vice versa. I'm always imagining what they might be doing. I feel like I am world away from them, and that makes my heart so sad. It's so difficult to love a group of people like family, and be so far away from them.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Each of you mean so much to me.  Thank you for taking the time to actually read my updates,  most of all thank you for your prayers. I could never tell you how much you mean to me. Without you, this journey would not have been possible.
I am forever grateful.

Tonight as I have been thinking about everything, I randomly thought of a small, funny story I wanted to share that I never blogged about.  My family sent me a package that I was supposed to get about three weeks before I actually recieved it. In the package was many, many packets of fun dip!  The night of the last film showing (movie night), I decided I would pass out the packets. After picking out whether they wanted red or blue, I decided just to watch them for a second and see what they did with it. After getting some very confused looks, I had a little "Fun Dip--How To" class. It was such a funny/cute moment. I wish we would have had the video recorder out!

Oh how I miss them.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, this post brought tears to my eyes. I can't imagine how much you miss those precious kids. You are such a great work for the Lord. It makes my heart so happy to find your blog.

    ReplyDelete