Monday, May 13, 2013

Why do you go?

Why do you go? 
Why the Philippines?
Why don't you spend your money on other things?
Don't you know there's plenty of work for you to do locally?
Shouldn't you focus on school and save missions for later? 

Those are just a few of the questions that have been quite frequently asked of me lately. I would be lying to say it hasn't been frustrating to me. People who act s if they whole heartily support me in life, then shockingly don't understand my heart. 
God's heart. 

Why can't we grasp the urgency to share Christ?

How have we gotten so far away from the purpose of this God given life that we put mission work on the back burner  and seek after worldly pleasures instead?

Recently, I was asked to put into words the why behind why I regularly make the trek to the Philippines. 

I wanted to share with you all a small excerpt from that, and encourage you to continue whatever work God has called you to. Don't let the naysayers discourage you.

"I go because I see lost souls. I see a hunger deep within the eyes of starving children, broken mothers, and feeble elderly. I see people who have never even heard Jesus’ name spoken. I’m driven to reach them with the Gospel of Christ before there is no more time. I feel compelled to go, to forsake the comforts of America, and to risk it all so that they may know Him. If I don’t go, who will? My heart aches to be there, to love on children, and to continually share hope with them. Hope that this third world country has never heard of. To win the lost souls….that’s why I go."


"In me, you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation, but TAKE HEART; I have overcome the world." John 16:33

P.S.
I finally created a Bloglovin' account. You should probably go follow me ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment