Tuesday, October 16, 2012

that time i didn't need an ambulance.

happy tuesday..



this used to be my life's motto. i would literally run 2 or 3 times a day at least. no wonder i was so skinny. have to get back to that.

this past friday night i ran my first 5k since high school. back in the "good ole days," i could have been mistaken for forrest gump. ok, not really. i was nowhere near in shape to take off on a trek across country, but you get the point. i could run. however, after graduation life sort of got in the way of my daily runs. recently i decided these past few years of laziness being too busy need to come to a halt. i've been running/jogging some trying to get back in shape, and decided what better way to kick my butt in gear than to hop right into a 5k. 

my only goal for this first race was to not walk. i slowed down to a very slow paced jog, but i am happy to say not once did i let myself walk. (hand clap)

this race definitely rekindled my love for running and competing in races. i am already looking forward to running in another soon, meanwhile i have some training to do!




loved getting to run this with my sis.
i'll get ya next time, grace :)

i am incredibly thankful to God for this past weekend. i so enjoyed spending time with my family and friends. sometimes life gets so crazy, and all i want to do is just to be still. this weekend, the Lord gave me just that. so thankful.

gracie in her true character. she's definitely a little more country than me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment