Thursday, August 7, 2014

Meeting the Orphans: Jenneylyn

For quite some time now, many people have been asking for the stories of each of the children at Rosemary's Home of Hope. I've been telling myself I am going to break it down, and introduce one child at a time on this blog, but I just haven't gotten around to it. In December of last year, I wrote down each of their stories for twenty of the now twenty-three children.
Without further adieu... let's meet..
     Jennelyn!


  Of course I don't have favorites, because each child is precious, one of a kind, & truly a blessing; but, with that being said, Jennelyn is kinda my favorite (shhh!).

I met Jennelyn on my very first trip to visit Rosemary's Home of Hope, and fell. in. love. immediately.
                      Seriously, can I not bring her home yet?
Jenneylyn is also known as "Tornado," and it doesn't take long after meeting her to figure out the reasons why. She is one of the most bubbly, full of life, and energetic five years old I have ever met! I met her when she was just three years old in March of 2012. She had only been at the orphanage since the fall of 2011, but already you could see the Lord working remarkably in her life. Each time I visit Rosemary's, one of my biggest prayers is that God would continue to break my heart for them. Jennelyn's story, as well as the other children's stories, always break my heart. When I see their sweet smiles and embrace their loving, never ending hugs, I cannot help but think, how in the world could someone not love them.

Jennelyn's mother was a prostitute in the city. She was left homeless on the beach, and often given alcohol as a small toddler. Her mother made it habit of putting out cigarettes on Jennelyn's body, as well as biting her, both leaving scaring on her small body.
At age two, in 2011, her mother gave her to a pastor, who brought her to the orphanage, and told him "This is my daughter. Do with her whatever you want."

As
I write this, tears still spill out of my eyes as I think of where she came from, and where she is today. She has the most adorable, contagious giggle that will melt your heart. Ever heard of people who smile even with her eyes? She's got that down pat. I have to believe her love of life comes from her love for Jesus, and her understanding of a true Father's love. 


For more pictures of Jenneyln, and more information on Roseymary's Home of Hope, as well as updates on how the Lord is using me in the Philippines, please visit Hope for the Hopeless Ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment